Monday, 13 May 2013

MAC 'rebel' lipstick review.



 In one of my previous posts I said I'd purchased 'rebel' lipstick by MAC. Been pretty busy recently being studious, but here's the promised review of what I would call one of my most favored shades of lipstick from MAC.  


'Rebel' lipstick by MAC - £14

'Magenta' lip pencil by MAC - £11.50 

I first took a real interest in this shade after watching Tanya Burr's makeup tutorials on YouTube (check her channel out at: http://www.youtube.com/user/pixi2woo) I'm not normally a massive fan of red lipstick, usually opting for nude shades. However, I see this lipstick as a compromise. I know it's a far cry from nude, but I see this lipstick as a compromise. Instead of being a garish red shade (which I find some red lipsticks are), it's more of a pinky purple which complements any evening outfit. One of the reasons I tend to stay clear of red lipstick is that I think they're messy (red lipstick on teeth and upper lip is never a good look.) MAC lipsticks, this shade in particular, do none of the above. I suggest using a lip pencil ('magenta' by MAC is a great matchto line and shape the lips before hand, it just helps act as a guide before applying the lipstick. If you want a glossy finish, I'd recommend applying a clear lipgloss on top ('Crystal Clear' by Estee Lauder or 'Crystal Water' by Revlon) would be perfect.  Alternatively,colour the lips in with the lip pencil and apply the lipstic on top for a matte finish. If your lips are a little dry, you want to apply a vaseline beforehand. Red lipsticks have a tendency to expose all the cracks. 

This is my second repurchase of this shade and i'll continue to do so. The only thing i'd say is if you're buying from the MAC website, the colour is misleading as it's not as dark on the lips as it looks on the site. Apart from that, good work MAC! 

What's your favourite MAC lipstick shade? 

Rachel. 

8 comments:

  1. Hey darling)
    You have an amazing blog)i like it)

    I invite you to take part in my giveaway)
    http://amenfashion-christy.blogspot.cz/2013/05/giveaway-with-oasap.html

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!!
      I'll make sure to check your blog out :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I love the lipstick colour!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous colour! Really want to try Russian Red too! :)

    Kelly xx

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for RiRi to come back in stock! Looks like an amazing shade of red :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Love this post, really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only own one plum lipstick in my collection which is from L'oreal. I found myself in a MAC counter a few weeks ago & tried this & Plumful. Ended up taking Plumful home though because it felt like a more appropriate shade to wear for everyday, and it is! But now I want to get Rebel as well! Haha! I read somewhere that plums are so in this 2014. Definitely picking up Rebel soon! xx

    Lovely blog btw! I'm a new follower! :)

    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete