Saturday, 4 May 2013

Revision and Rhubarb Crumble

Well hello :) Woke up bright and early this morning feeling ready and raring to go with coursework and revision. Unfortunately, by 10 I just felt frustrated thanks to my unreliable laptop (why is it whenever we're in the mood to get something done, technology finds someway of preventing it? *sigh*.) Thankfully, after an hour of searching for short term solutions to repair my poor computer, I managed to crack on and get 2000 words written (yayyy!) So, to reward myself for all my hard work I decided to do what I like to do best: BAKE!

Mum had bought rhubarb in so the perfect option was to make a hearty rhubarb crumble... 


Follow my recipe below to bake yourself a crumble just as scrummy for yourself! 



I've made this at Uni a few times now and it makes an inexpensive, homely treat after a long day studying. 

Ingredients

For the crumble (Me and my family are lovers of the crumble topping. You may want to alter the amounts slightly to get the right crumble to rhubarb ratio that suits you.) 

450g plain flour 
350g unsalted butter
110g demerara sugar 
250g porridge oats 

For the filling

500g rhubarb (You may prefer different fruit) 

Method

Preheat your oven to 160 degrees/Gas 3.

Trim the rhubarb and slice into pieces. Spread the rhubarb evenly in an appropriately sized, oven proof dish that you may have.

Put all the ingredients for the crumble topping in a bowl, making sure that all the butter has been rubbed in to the rest of the ingredients. Spoon the crumble mix on top of the rhubarb and sprinkle on a little extra sugar for extra yumminess. 

Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes. The crumble mixture should have turned a golden brown colour by this point. 

et voila... 

Serve immediately with your favourite ice cream.

I hope you enjoy baking and more importantly eating this as much as I do! 

Rachel.  


5 comments:

  1. Would love to try baking it but I'm so bad at it haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really easy and super tasty recipe to try, especially if you're new to baking! Try this one out this week and let me know how it goes :) You'll definitely surprise yourself and be inspired to start looking for other great bakes :) x

      Delete
  2. nice recipe, looks delicious:)x

    http://bowspearlsandribbons.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankyou, it tasted delicious too :)
      I'll be sure to have a look around your blog x

      Delete
  3. Hi Rachel! You commented on my brownie recipe and I thought I'd let you know that I have another food blog with recipes which are all gluten-, dairy-, soy-, and grain-free, Paleo-friendly and vegan! xo

    http://freefromfabulous.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete