Thursday, 9 May 2013

Term 3 advice...


A sleepy hello from Lancaster :)

Just a quick message of sympathy to any students reading this (or anyone else with lots and lots to do right now.) Hopefully after reading this you won't feel like you're the only one that's taken up occupancy in the library or lost the will to live... 

The past two days feel like they've flown by. Unfortunately, it's that time of the year where students are inundated with assignment deadlines and heaps of revision. I find making the most of the day works best for me if I want to stand any chance of being productive. So, call me mad if you wish, but I've been waking up at 7am for the past couple of days and it's actually been really worth while! Unless I've left everything to last minute, I tend to call it a day around 6 ish (long day I know and my brain seems to be frazzled by this point.) 
I'm no angel when it comes to motivating myself to do work or revision, (infact I'd benefit from taking my own advice) but I'd like to think I've improved a little. Here are a few tips when revising and doing assignments... 
  1. Try and work out when you work best - Waking up early isn't for everyone so try and monitor when you're at your most productive.
  2. Similar to #1... Don't think you only have to work when your friends are - It's great company and motivation if you can, but if you're like me and my best friend who only works in the evening, then it's not really gonna work out. 
  3. Don't forget to eat - Sometimes you're working soooo hard that you don't actually feel hungry, but the quality of your work is taking the impact of your low blood sugar. When i'm hungry, I start to get frustrated with the fact that my brain when let me write what I want it to because it needs brain food. DON'T WORRY. IT WILL STILL BE THERE WHEN YOU GET BACK.. so pump up your energy and then get back to it :) 
  4. When the work load and revision is really full on, try and find a bit of spare time in the day to relax. I like to go to the gym to bring me back to reality. 
  5. Sitting around on your backside hoping that the magic work fairy is going to do it for you isn't going to happen. Crack on! When it's done, it's done :) 
I hope these tips have been helpful. I know it probably feels like the work is never ending (but trust me it will.) We students get the longest summer everrrrrrrr and if that's not an incentive to get the work done and dusted, then I don't know what is. 
Good luck to students of any age doing exams. 
Any tips that you want to share will be gratefully accepted.

 Rachel. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachel! this is EXACTLY what I needed right now - my heavy to-do list is just SO overwhelming! thank you, thank you, thank you! you made me feel I'm not alone;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this post stopped you stressing out as much! Good luck x

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely,

    Good luck with everything, it'll all be worth it in the end. I can't believe it's been a year since I finished uni now haha, I have to say that now working, I do miss the bum life!

    I love your blog. Now following you on GFC & bloglovin'.
    I'm having a giveaway for a beauty hamper on my blog and would love it if you had a look!
    I look forward to your next post. xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/hi-beauties-i-wanted-to-bring-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, just seems like soooo much work and revision at the minute!
      Your latest follower x

      Delete