Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Twenteenth Birthday









So I'm aware that it's been agessss since I last blogged but I've been pretty busy this past week and a bit.

Anyway... Today I turned 'Twenteen.' As you can see, I have decided to make up my own age because   I refuse to accept that I am no longer a teenager (not just yet anyway.) June is always a pretty busy month in our house as far as birthdays go because there are three birthdays within the space of four days.

On Saturday, it was my sisters birthday. I had to travel home from London in the morning but was home by lunch to give her presents. I work in a bakery so had managed to get her a pretty amazing looking 'giant cupcake' for next to nothing. Due to my intolerance I wasn't able to eat it but those who did were definitely in agreement that it tasted as good as it looked. I bought her a MAC lipstick in the shade 'cyber' (will most definitely be purchasing my own as I'm very envious because of how amazing the colour looks on the lips.) I also bought her one of the new Barry M textured nail varnishes. Will hopefully do a mini haul and review of this items next week if I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow them. 

On Sunday, it was my Dad's turn. My Mum took us out to Carluccio's for a late lunch/early dinner sort of meal to celebrate all of our birthdays. They have an entire menu dedicated to gluten free dishes which means I have a selections of meals to choose from too! Mum had preordered a gluten free lemon cake beforehand and this was brought out with candles after the main meal.

Last but not least.... Today was my turn! For the past couple of years I haven't been particularly excited about birthdays but last night I found it strangely difficult to sleep considering I'm normally gone as soon as my head hits the pillow. Now for those of you who have read my 'May Lust List' post, you may know that me and my laptop weren't seeing eye to eye. By that I mean it was deciding to break whenever I needed to use it. So... this morning when I opened my presents, you can imagine how excited I was to have been bought a new Macbook Pro. Dad was off work today so we had some father/daughter time and went shopping, I got a new piercing and then got treated to lunch at pizza express. We had a BBQ this evening and I opened the rest of my presents. My lovely sister bought me some really pretty little things for my new house and my parents surprised my yet again with Vivienne Westwood earrings and bracelet. I'll be spending my birthday money when I go to Edinburgh next week.



Going away camping in the Lake District tomorrow with my bestfriend followed by a trip to Edinburgh. Unfortunately this will be the last blogpost for a least another week... However next week there will be a sizeable blogpost on my trip away.

Hope you all have a good week. 

Rachel. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday! You got some lovely things. I actually cried on my twentieth birthday because I wasn't a teenager anymore lol x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love your blog great work ;) Please come check mine out, if you decide to follow me, leave me a comment and I’ll follow you back :) XxXx
    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete