Thursday, 11 July 2013

Summer haul

At work today, it struck me that it's already July 11th which means that a month has gone since my birthday. It also means a month since I last blogged. Working full time has it perks, however,  it also means that time zooms by and blogging gets a little neglected.

Fortunately (or not so fortunately for my bank account), my job is in the centre of town which gives me the perfect excuse to go and spend my well earned pennies. When I first started out at uni I used to impulse buy like you wouldn't believe it but after getting bored of my diet of cold custard and hairbo, I've started to think about whether I REALLY do need it or not.

Due to the lack of shops and my lack interest towards internet shopping, you'll probably pick up that most of my purchases are from Topshop. I do shop at other places too.... honest.


Animal Open Back Tea Dress - Topshop - £40



Mac - Topshop Sale - £30
I know that technically speaking this isn't 'summer clothing' but with the chances of it raining again next week, it was well worth the investment. 



Strap Back Slip Dress - Topshop - £38 
I've been looking for a dress like this for aaaaages but could only ever find backless ones. After seeing Victoria Beckham in something very similar at Wimbledon on Sunday, I was veryyyy happy to find this a few days later. Although I now have 21 (to be precise) little black dresses, I've convinced myself that it's versatility to be dressed up or down has earned its place in the collection. 


Mid - Length Tie - Up Blouse - American Apparel - £40 
This was probably a bit of an impulse buy as I bought it from AA in St Pancras station when I was bored waiting for my train. 

Levis 501 shorts - Yak - £15



Bodycon dress - Topshop sale - £18


White Daisy burnout T-shirt - Topshop - £26 

Jeans - Topshop - Bought last summer 

Loafers - Office - Bought ages ago. 


Bargain of the week.... 
Bikini - Topshop sale - £10 

I saw and loved this bikini when it was full price but kinda just forgot about it. That was until I stumbled across it right at the back of the swimwear sale section. Not only was it the only one left in my size, it was also knocked down by a further £5 when I got to the till.... It was fate and was obviously just waiting for me to come along and buy it. 

Hopefully the sun will be sticking around and we won't have to revert back to knitted jumpers and jeans. 

Rachel. 


7 comments:

  1. Great haul!
    Great blog, so I'm a New follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou! was soooo happy to come across it!

      x

      Delete
  3. Lovely clothes, jealous!

    Great blog my lovely, now following! :)

    Please check out my blog if you can! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice haul! and you're so pretty! just started following you!

    glitteredbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thankyou! i'll be sure to check your blog out x

      Delete